Sunday, April 4

"Everything in the universe goes by indirection. There are no straight lines." Ralph Waldo Emerson

I don't do well at this whole blogging thing. What I really want to write about is the amazing feeling I got in the depths of my heart at the anthem I heard the small choir share at an 8:00 am service celebrating the risen Christ.

But all I feel like I can write about is my current state. It feels impossible to draw on the warmth and hope I felt so early this morning. All I can feel is how I feel now. And I don't want to use this blog project to sort out my feelings because what the heck kind of read is that, for anyone who might read this? I want to be able to process things and reflect on what I really want to remember for the day. And here I go ... processing my feelings.

And what will happen after this is that I will leave the situation that is claiming my entire attention, and I will go to sleep. I'm great at avoiding things, I think.

I also know that this public blog is not the place to process all the things I need to process in order to have a functioning life. Maybe I will have to start writing (by hand!) in my regular journal again. That really helped in London. I think it needs to help now, too.

To anyone who stuck with this entry this far, thanks. And hopefully I'll have something better tomorrow.

1 comment: