Saturday, April 3

"Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose." Tennessee Williams

Here is a break from the Holy Week-themed entries of the past few days. Today, all I did was have fun. This is not intended to be a catalog of the days events, but today reminded me how life can be good, just by happening.

I woke up and picked up around the house, sort of got my stuff all together. I baked some cookies for our police officer friend, Suzanne, to have after she got off a 16 hour shift. I went bowling with Stacey, which was a lot of fun. I got 111 the first time (Stacey got 117) and the second I got 77 (Stace got 100). I also had bumpers! Oh man. what fun. I've not been bowling in almost a year. This was a nice treat. We took a nice drive to Dani's apartment to grab Stacey's swim suit; on the way home, she got some KFC. We started making cookies and then realized we needed more sugar, or some such thing. And that I also had forgotten my car in downtown Elmhurst! We went to the Jewel over by school and drove home listening to the same few songs on the radio (Telephone, Bedrock, Whatcha Say) I proceeded to spill oats on myself. Stacey rocked mom's mixmaster with oatmeal cookies. We put chocolate chips in some, craisins in some, and she put some walnuts in hers. We "did homework" while they baked, and by that I mean did NOT do homework at all! Suzanne and her daughter Olivia came over, so we played with her a bit; we had Domino's for dinner. Stace and I went swimming and it was fun; I'd not been swimming in a long time.

I like to believe that there is some lesson to be learned every day, or something to conclude, or some sort of take-away point. Today, that little nugget is not something to be described with words, it is to be felt in a new friendship, or in the life of a small child, or in the joy of laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment