Monday, April 12

"I listened to the music and thought about all the things that people have said to me over the past year." Perks of Being a Wallflower

I am going to embark on what might be one of the most challenging musical tasks of my life.

My best friends are graduating college and what does that mean? Mix tapes.

This may sound trivial to many of you, but I have found that I don't always have the courage to tell people how I feel so I make them mix tapes.

Each song has a meaning. A song could have lyrics that perfectly describe how I feel about someone, or how I've felt in the past. It could have lyrics that describe a moment we've shared together. The song itself could be the song we danced to at every party, or listened to every time we got into her car, or the song she always seemed to have as her Facebook status.

Some songs have the perfect melody to describe the song she wrote in my heart. It might have the sinking bass line that fits how low we've been together. It might have the perfect chord to display how correct and perfect everything felt with her.

[I use gender specific pronouns because all of my best friends are female.]

Most days, lyricists can describe how I feel better than I can. Fear not, friends. Each mix tape will have (what is likely to be) a long hand written note expressing whatever is left on my heart.

The words may have lost their meaning, but I love you. each and every one of you.

1 comment:

  1. You are wise beyond your belief, Ally.
    .
    "You can move a mountain...
    You can move everything... "

    ReplyDelete