Wednesday, April 7

"When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am." Goo Goo Dolls

Note: I'd encourage you to listen to this song while reading. I am.

I am listening to this song and remember concerts I have been to in my life. There is nothing quite like singing a song at the top of your lungs. It feels like the first time you've ever heard the song, only you know how the song feels in your heart. You think of that person, or place, or time. You remember everything so vividly. I'd like to argue that this feeling is better than any high from any drug, even though I don't do drugs. I can't imagine anything chemically creating this feeling of oneness with so many people all at the same time.

3:48
It's you. And so many people who have felt those lyrics with you. Those chord progressions. That bass beat. All are one.

I've never been to a Goo Goo Dolls concert, but I've been to others. I know these words are true, even though I've not done it with this song. It really is beautiful how similar we all are.

No comments:

Post a Comment