Monday, April 5

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." e.e. cummings

01. Sorry this is late; I didn't get back to my room until ten minutes ago. We were working on a display case for Take Back the Campus Week.
02. I used the same Ralph Waldo Emerson quote twice. I realized earlier today.

What about today ... I think the greatest part of today was seeing some of the people I love laughing. I think people are their truest selves when they laugh so much that they cannot control it anymore.

One friend laughed because I think she felt silly, and was reminded of times when life was simple. All it took was a triple-dog-dare to spoon a huge fork full of pie into her mouth. The idea was so standard, so meaningless, and yet she laughed in a way that reminded me so much of who I believe she is.

Another friend and I just had to look at each other. She knew what I was thinking before we had even made eye contact. We knew the interaction that was about to follow, so she just laughed. The familiarity that comes along with a friendship like this one makes all the serious times easier and the humorous times that much funnier.

Yet another friend just watched me do something stupid, and she let out a small chuckle and shook her head. That was something beautiful to me, too. Nothing grandiose or from the gut, but from the heart. The ease of teasing and meaningless taunts came to a climax with a small chuckle and an "oh allykins..."

For the pure and truest forms of joy, I am so thankful. And especially for those who bring that joy into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment