Wednesday, April 14

"True colors are beautiful like a rainbow."

Unimportant note: in my head, I hear the Glee version of this song.

At Elmhurst College this week, it is PRIDE week. Three people (we're pretty sure they are male) took the liberty (one they really didn't have) to slash through our huge pride flag.

I don't need to write to you about how inappropriate and cowardly their actions were.

All I can ask is that you become an ally, and an active one. We cannot do this alone.

I have never been more scared. or more proud.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ally, I an so sorry. I promise to always be an ally. For everyone. I hope they caught those kids and painted them purple, pink and blue.
    I love you. Stay strong. Millions support you, but the weak keep fighting, and won't shut up. Soon, their chatter won't matter anymore. Soon, we'll be louder than they ever could be.
    I love you. So much.

    ReplyDelete