Saturday, April 17

::silence::

Whenever I give up on my work for God, I am reminded why I have embraced the call.

I recently wrote an electronic devotional (evotional) for the church at which I am interning. Just this evening, I got an e-mail containing something along the lines of the following:

This gentleman's uncle passed away, after having been a long time member of this church. The pastor who delivered the memorial service for this uncle referenced something I had written. The uncle had my piece out on his nightstand, and the pastor had found it. The original gentleman said, "So Ally, THANK YOU for writing a wonderful Evotional, it must have been one of the last things my uncle read."

I am speechless. I'm surprised I've gotten this far. All I can do is give thanks to God for providing people and circumstances in my life who have encouraged me to embrace my call to some sort of pastoral care. I am so thankful. There are really not enough words for how much this means in the context of my life right now.

May it be so.

2 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely amazing story! I'm so proud of you, so proud that you have the strength to do so much good, and keep doing it, even through the doubt.
    You never cease to amaze me, Ally.
    I love you.
    (Gosh, I say that a lot in comments here. It must true!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so amazing....You rock!
    love ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete